It's a great class with like-minded ladies wanting that personal touch when it comes to fitness. You don't need to be fit to get started, you just need to come down and train. DId you know that over the age of 35 you only need 30 mins of raised heart rate exercise?Adults should do some type of physical activity every day. Any type of activity is good for you. The more you do the better.Adults should:
- aim to be physically active every day. Any activity is better than none, and more is better still;
- do strengthening activities that work all the major muscles (legs, hips, back, abdomen, chest, shoulders and arms) on at least 2 days a week;
- do at least 150 minutes of moderate intensity activity a week or 75 minutes of vigorous intensity activity a week;
- reduce time spent sitting or lying down and break up long periods of not moving with some activity.
You can also achieve your weekly activity target with:
- several short sessions of very vigorous intensity activity;
- a mix of moderate, vigorous and very vigorous intensity activity.
You can do your weekly target of physical activity on a single day or over 2 or more days. Whatever suits you.