BECOME A LEADER
CONFIDENCE, FITNESS AND RESPECT FOR ALL.
The First Class
The first class is free and gives you a chance to try out a Ju Jitsu class. You will meet others of a similar age who will help you learn the martial arts techniques and are friendly and welcoming.
- Fun to learn
- Confidence and discipline
So what exactly is Ju Jitsu?
We teach a modern form of the traditional Japanese martial art Ju Jitsu, which simply described is:
- A system of defensive techniques, which use an attacker’s momentum against them
- Traditionally based – with spectacular traditional throws
- Locks, strikes and throws adapted for the modern day
Sounds great. Why should I learn it?
Ju Jitsu is a defensive martial art. Regular training gives you:
- Improved strength, fitness, co-ordination and posture
- Improved concentration
- Confidence and leadership skills
What will I get out of Ju Jitsu classes?
- Learn to defend yourself against bullies
- Become more active and fit in a fun way
- Make new friends
- Learn impressive martial arts skills
- Become a confident leader
- Develop team spirit
- Focus, respect, and dedication will pay off
How much does it cost?
The first class is free, if you wish to continue then the training suit we use, called a dogi (gi), will cost around £35-£45. There is a yearly licensing fee of just £30. Monthly class fees are bank transferred and are £35.00 (Juniors) or £40.00 (Adults).
Regular classes. Anything else?
- Grading – your chance to show what you’ve learnt and earn the next belt colour
- Regional training courses
- National competitions
- International trips
- Charity fundraising events
- Halloween and Christmas Parties
- Displays at Schools and Fetes
Who is the instructor?
All our instructors started off as beginners, Every instructor is also first aid certified, DBS cleared and National Governing Body (NGB) qualified.
What to wear?
We recommend loose clothing, such as jogging bottoms or shorts (no jeans) and a t-shirt. Certain clubs can provide a spare training outfit if they have one available. Shoes are not worn as Jiu Jitsu classes are taught in bare feet.
More information for Parents and Guardians
Ju Jitsu is a defensive martial art – learning it improves situational awareness and self-defence skills.
We aim to provide a friendly and safe environment where your child will progress as a martial artist and also as a person. We encourage children to respect and eventually teach each other to develop their confidence and leadership skills.
At the Bushido Academy, who are one of the founding member of the National Governing Body (NGB) and are the largest single style in the UK has something to offer everyone.